Reselling is a large part of streetwear and sneaker culture whether we like it or not and Supreme merch generates arguably the largest resell value in the market. Taking this into account, investment service Wealthsimple — who was responsible for the clever billboard overseeing Supreme and its fans — hypothesized whether one could retire off reselling the brand’s hyped products and become a millionaire. The surprising answer was yes and they broke down Supreme economics below.
Following the rules of Supreme reselling, most, if not all, of the following is key:
1. The Box Logo crushes pretty much everything
2. Collaborations are usually in demand
3. Clothes outperform objects
4. The surest thing is to sell quickly
5. Even if you follow these rules completely, there will be surprises